How the largest automakers are switching to electric vehicle production
We decided to find out when the largest automakers will start producing their own electric cars and completely abandon diesel cars.
According to the Electric Vehicleor orld sales Database, in Europe, sales of electric vehicles in 2020 increased by 137% at one time, reaching 1.4 million vehicles. In China, growth was 12%, and the number of such cars in the country reached 1.3 million. In the United States, sales of electric cars increased by 4%, and their number amounted to 328 thousand.
in the spring of 2020, GM unveiled a new third-generation modular EV platform for its electric vehicles. The concern said that by 2023 it will release 22 new models. They will be branded Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac and GMC;
- October 2020 - introduction of the Hummer EV electric pickup;
- January 2021 - at CES Technolog Sho Sho una a line of electric vehicles was presented, including Chevrolet Bolt EUV, GMC Hummer EV Pickup, Cadillac Ly
- April 2021-an SUV version of the SUV EV electric pickup has been released: VIN check
- 2022-the release of Hummer EV3 e and Chevrolet Bolt EUV is expected;
- 2023 - the company will release the twin-engine Hummer EV2
- spring 2024-the Hummer EV2 base will be introduced;
- 2025-30 new brands of electric vehicles will be released;
- 2030 - most GM SUVs and cars
Cadillacs will become electric vehicles.
the company plans to completely abandon the production of diesel cars by 2035. The company aims to use 100% renewable energy for its fleet by 2030 in the United States and by 2035 worldwide.
the Companyagu car Land Rover in February 2021 promised to fully switch to the production of electric cars by 2025. The company intends to transform J Land Rover will release six new electric models and they will be sold in parallel with the current model range.
- 2018 - the first electric crossover I-Pace was released;
- 2020 - the company registered the trademark & quot;EV-TPEPE" for the release of an electric version of the f-t coup
- 2024-the First Land electric car will be presented
- 2030-60% of auto
J Aguar Land Rover will use three production platforms: EMA (Electric Modular Architecture) for its electric vehicles, MLA (Modular Longitudinal Architecture) for its hybrids and a separate "Pure Electric Architecture"; per J
Ford announced in February 2021 that it intends to sell only electric vehicles in Europe by 2030. The company expects that by 2026 all its passenger cars will be zero-emission vehicles and will be fully electric or hybrid. Speaking of commercial vehicles, Ford said its emissions must be zero by 2024.
to this end, the company is investing $ 1 billion to modernize its electric vehicle plant in Cologne, Germany. The first electric vehicles are expected to come off the assembly line in 2023.
Ford will benefit from its partnership with the German automaker Volks. The company will develop its electric vehicles on the MEB platform,which is the basis of the Volks elettrici
at the same time, Ford promises that its electric vehicles will be very different from the Volks.
- 2021-Ford Motor is expected to start sales in Europe of the Mustang - Mach-E electric crossover;
- 2022-Sollers Ford, a venture between Ford Motor and the Russian automaker Sollers, will start production of the Ford Transit electric van in Russia;
- 2023-the first electric car on Volks Vol
the company promises to make budgets for its electric vehicles. It is assumed that in the future they will cost from $ 20,000 (1 1.6 million) to $ 70,000 ( ₽ To date, the Mustang Mach-E electric crossover is valued at $ 42,895 ($3.4 million) for the basic version. See more details here VIN lookup free.
Group CEO V Herbert Herbert Diess has set a goal of producing 26 million electric vehicles by 2028 and becoming the world`s largest manufacturer in this sector, ahead of Tesla. By 2030, the company is expected to present 75 electric and 60 hybrid models.
- 2019-the first id.3 sedan was released on the Volkswagen platform
- 2020 - introduced the ID.4 crossover;
- March 2021-the Company held a conference
- April 2021-the Volksw Its sales will begin in Europe in the summer;
- 2021 - the company will introduce the Cross-coupe ID. 5;
- 2026 - the Trinit pro elettrica It will be one of the first models based on the new Scalable s Platform
- 2030& ndash; electric vehicles should account for up to 70% of Volkswagen